Thursday, July 17, 2008

Scott's Homecoming

SO...this happened OVER a month and half ago the last weekend in June...but here it is.

Bryan, the kids and I headed to Colorado for Scott's homecoming. It was GREAT to see him.
This was all the people who came to Colorado to see Scott. The majority of the peeps are Scott's Mom's side of the family who live in Nevada.


So the adventure began with the plane ride to Colorado. The kids did AMAZING!! Although Everett kept kicking the seat in front of him...luckily it was a little girl but she didn't like it one bit. Sorry. I eventually just had to hold his feet down.
Daddy and Reis. This was Reis' 2nd plane trip. He is a champ.So, we got to the Colorado airport that evening and knew we were going to be waiting for about an hour until Scott came in from his flight from Russia. Kara went to Scott's gate so she could be the first to see him:-) Bryan and I proceeded past security cuz Nana would not have it any other way (plus we wanted the help :-) ) Thank goodness we did...we were in the airport over 3 hours. We did not get home until 11:30 PM. Yeah...and Everett stayed up the WHOLE time...he was a champ but a gotta keep busy or I will fall asleep kinda of a champ!!
You think it would be hard to keep a 2 yr old and a 9 month old entertained for 3 hours in the airport? Daddy kept up with him (meaning Everett) though. They did LOTS of fun stuff like ride in the luggage cart while it was still on the rack and going round and round and round the huge water display!

I had bought a kid leash (yeah, so what?!?!) and put it on Everett when we got off the plane while I was holding Reis and Bryan was in none else the bathroom. Everett is a smart little boy. He quickly realized that wherever he went, I had to follow. So, he was taking me under rails. We haven't used it since!Reis went to sleep just like he was supposed to...8:00! It was too funny getting the kids ready for bed (pj's on, teeth brushed) in the airport bathroom!We had such a fun weekend listening to Scott about his Russian adventures. Here we are relaxing in the hammock before we were headed BACK to the airport.While we were getting all our things gathered up to go I realized I didn't know where Everett was. No one did! So this is a BIG house we are in. I start yelling Everett's name as I go upstairs then downstairs then back to the main level while Nana has gone outside! My heart is RACING! Someone went in the garage and found him in Nana's convertible Lexus sitting in the driver seat reaching for a drink she had in the console. Who knew he knew how to open car doors?!?! Scary thing was I don't know how he even got into the garage (the door is heavy) plus the garage was open!!! AAAAHHHH!

So we got to the airport in PLENTY of time just to find out our plane was DELAYED a whole hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were already on the late flight (bad idea cuz delays are a GIVEN) but it was nothing Mc'D fries couldn't help pass the time. SO, we finally got on the plane and Evers again was kicking the seat in front of him (being in his carseat he was much closer to the seat). We were telling him NO and holding his feet when the college age girl turned around and said "Could you please have him stop kicking my seat?" What do you think we were trying to do! It didn't bother me cuz I knew I was doing my best. Evers FINALLY fell asleep the last 10 min of the flight. We head down to get our luggage. I must mention we checked Reis' car seat but took Everett's on the plane with us. So....we get our luggage and the carseat did not make it!! ARGHHH! So, Bryan had to go and WAIT in line (many people didn't get their bags) and fill out info and finally we got to borrow a car seat so we could go home. It was now 1:30 AM. Evers fell right to sleep in his carseat while the fiasco was going on.
We finally got home at about 2:30...carseat was delivered to my home at about 2 in the afternoon. Great short trip! We always love to see family!

1 comment:

Lauren Tatton said...

Looks like you have been having a really fun summer! The Fam. looks great has Susan found a house in park city yet?